Monday, June 9, 2008

Dog Forums

Ever find yourself wondering if your dog's quirky habits are normal, if their breed is specific to certain traits, if other people feed their dogs ice cream or do you just want to share your obsession over your pet with the world? Well, you're not alone. Hundreds of people enjoy chatting it up about their dog's ability to say "Mama" or a plethora of other conversations pertaining to best friends.


I too, have fallen into occasional chats about my Weimaraner. Because, of course, only a Weimy owner can testify to their outgoing personalities, hyper-activeness and occasional bouts of gas (giggle) yes, it's true - what we live with... but nonetheless, there are other Weimaraner owners out there who love to discuss their common traits.


One of those common groups can be found on the popular photo managing sites Flickr, where you can link your photos to different breeds, which in turn gets a good discussion going about your photos. I had often questioned the time involved in creating a MySpace page for a dog until I became involved in Networking for the shop. How could I not partake, given the nature of my business and the love I have for my Roxy?


Inevitably, this has lead to several discoveries found on the world wide web. For one, it has given me a quick reference to the dozens of foods my Weimaraner is instinctively allergic to. I have also learned at home recipes and emergency medical tips at the click of the mouse. This is in no way a substitute to a visit to the vet, but for those burning questions in-between, I must say has satisfied my curiosity.


If you simply google the words "Dog Forum", you will find pages of useful information and resources right at your fingertips. Ever wanted to find a Dog Owner's Manual? Well HERE it is... anything from taking care of your dog's ears to recommended dog accessories (ahem... of those, you simply must mosey on down to LaDeDog! to see how closely we keep up on the trends). The Dogster (For the love of dog) website offers a lot of information you are sure to find useful as a dog owner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this!! THanks for the great info ~

LaDeDog! said...

There really is a lot of information out there if you need it. It's amazing what you can learn from this! - R